Award-winning online security company adds adaptable phone to full portfolio
ATLANTE, July 5, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Bark Technologies, a leader in the online child safety space, today announced the upcoming release of its first-ever smartphone, which will launch in the fourth quarter of 2022. The Bark phone will combine the features award-winning content monitoring, filtering, and tracking software with additional features in a simple, all-in-one package that lets it grow and adapt with a child. The announcement follows Bark’s recent statement $30 million funding cycle.
While the Bark Phone can be configured with more restrictive permissions to serve as an ideal choice for a child’s first smartphone, parents can also choose to enable additional features suitable for older children.
- Adaptable settings and access make it perfect for all parenting styles
- Perfect for all ages and stages of a child’s development: Caregivers can authorize what they want, when they want, and scale access as children grow into young adults
- Out-of-the-box protection: Bark comes pre-installed on the device, giving parents peace of mind
- Sleek modern design that kids will love – no branding or bulky childish structure
- Dynamic parental controls including:
- Limit texts and calls by phone number
- Set granular screen time limits
- Lock the phone remotely
- Approve app downloads
- Intelligently monitor social media, SMS and emails
- Block apps and websites
- Location-based notifications
“We’re excited to bring to market a smartphone that puts the needs of families first, grows with kids, and offers Bark’s level of detailed monitoring and sophisticated AI, while being very easy to set up,” said the founder and CEO of Bark, Brian Basson. “The Bark phone will provide the most comprehensive option on the market for parents to help protect their children online, without sacrificing the camera features, performance and quality that kids need.”
Customers wishing to book a phone for the 2022 holiday season can be put on this waiting list.
About the bark
Bark is an award-winning parental control app that helps protect nearly 6 million children at home and in more than 3,100 schools and districts across the country. Bark is currently available in United States, Guam, South Africaand Australia.
Using highly sophisticated artificial intelligence, Bark alerts families to concerning behaviors in various categories, including cyberbullying, depression, suicidal ideation, online violence and predation, and gives caregivers the best next steps. steps to resolve these issues.
Bark monitors over 30 of today’s most popular social media platforms and apps, as well as text messages, images, videos, chats, emails, and files. Families also have the ability to create custom screen schedules, block websites and apps, and receive location alerts when kids are on the go. Visit www.bark.us for more information.
SOURCE Bark Technologies