Optiemus Electronics Says “Significant Investments” to Improve Manufacturing, Design Capabilities, Telecom News, ET Telecom

NEW DELHI: The subsidiary of electronics contract manufacturer Optiemus Infracom, Optiemus Electronics Limited (OEL), has announced that it will invest a “considerable” amount to further improve its manufacturing and design capabilities.

As the PTI news agency reported, Optiemus Infracom chairman Ashok Kumar Gupta said the company was in the process of setting up a new factory.

This development comes after Optiemus Infracom was selected and received the license to manufacture computer hardware under the PLI scheme for manufacturing computer hardware on May 4, 2021.

Optiemus Infracom is among 19 companies, including Dell, Wistron, Rising Stars Hi Tech (a subsidiary of Foxconn), Flextronics, among others, that have applied for the incentive program.

The PLI program for computer hardware offers a 2-4% incentive on net incremental merchandise sales in the 2019-20 base year, and will provide benefits until 2024-25, starting April 1 2021.

According to government estimates, eligible companies will produce computer equipment worth Rs 1.6 trillion over the next four years, the export of which will account for a 37% share of Rs 60,000 crore.

India’s domestic value added in computer hardware manufacturing is expected to increase from 5-12% to 16-35% over the next four years, he added.

In April of this year, Optiemus Infracom bought out Wistron’s entire stake in Optiemus Electronics.

Optiemus held 80.09% of the capital of its subsidiary Optiemus Electronics Limited. The company has now taken over the remaining 19.91% stake by way of transfer from Wistron Corporation.

Optiemus Infracom and Wistron have jointly created mobile phones for LG, Blackberry, HTC, Oppo, OnePlus and JioPhone through their joint venture Optiemus Electronics.


About Darnell Yu

Check Also

Trade Matters – Lowenstein Sandler’s Bulletin on Global Trade and National Security – November 3, 2022 | Lowenstein Sandler LLP

1. New controls targeting China’s semiconductor and supercomputer sectors The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.