Oktoberfest is back in 2021!
After a fall without fun events in 2020, we’re happy to announce that Oktoberfest celebrations are resuming here in Iowa starting next month! We’ve put together a list of some of the great local events, just in case you want to add them to your calendar: PROST!
Adventureland beer festival
- Happening Saturday September 25 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. at Adventureland in Altoona
- The event is for ages 21 and over ONLY
- With live music and entertainment, unique cuisine, games and rides (some rides are open until 8:00 p.m.)
- Tickets cost $ 50 until August 31 – Gold and Platinum season pass holders get free entry
- NO REFUND
- To buy tickets HERE
- Happening Saturday October 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Northside Marketplace in Iowa City
- Ticket includes unlimited samples from over 40 vendors, a Northside Oktoberfest 2021 chalice glass, $ 5 for lunch at Northside vendors, an Iowa City Brewfest 25th anniversary shirt, and a free first beer at the Northside Oktoberfest Outdoor Bier Lobby
- The event is open to everyone, but only those with a ticket and a BrewFest drink can participate in the sampling
- Tickets are FULL, but you can be added to the waiting list (more information HERE)
- General admission can visit the outdoor Bier Hall on North Linn St from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Amana Settlements Oktoberfest
- From Friday October 1 to Sunday October 3 in the Amana colonies
- With beer, live music, games, German food, a brat-eating contest, parade and more
- Admission is $ 10 for a one-day pass and $ 15 for a two-day pass – if you buy tickets in advance, they’re $ 8 for one day and $ 12. $ for two days (Sunday is FREE)
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Buy your tickets in advance HERE
- From Thursday September 29 to Saturday October 2 at Ottumwa
- With a parade, live music, beer, food, competitions and more
- Receive the latest updates on the festival HERE
Oktoberfest Des Moines
- Meet on Friday September 24 and Saturday September 25 from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Court District in downtown Des Moines
- With beer, German food, live music, beer maiden and stein dress contests, a silent nightclub and more
- Prizes are awarded to guests in traditional German attire
- 21 and over only after 9 p.m.
- Tickets include a pint glass of Oktoberfest and a drink ticket
- Day tickets are $ 12.50 in advance, $ 15 per day – if you buy a day ticket in advance, present your pint glass at the door on Saturday for $ 10.
- To buy tickets HERE
- Will take place on Saturday September 18 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Q Casino Back Waters Stage in Dubuque
- With music, food, drink, entertainment, sausage dog racing and games
- All ages are welcome
- Admission is free with a suggested donation to Camp Albrecht Acres
- Get more information about the festival HERE