Out this week
* fear of dawn by Jack White: Fourth solo album by the American musician; follows Boarding House Reach in 2018; includes the tracks “Taking Me Back”, “Into the Twilight”, “That Was Then, This Is Now” and “Morning, Noon, And Night”.
* Family by Camille Cabello: Third album by the Cuban-American singer; comes after 2019’s Romance; includes the songs “Psychofreak” (with Willow), “Bam Bam” (with Ed Sheeran), “Hasta los Dientes” (with María Becerra) and “Lola” (with Yotuel).
* sonic the hedgehog 2 (with James Marsden, Ben Schwartz, Colleen O’Shaughnessey, Idris Elba, Jim Carrey) – action comedy, 2020 film sequel; After escaping from the Mushroom Planet, Dr. Robotnik (Carrey) teams up with Knuckles the Echidna (Elba) to get revenge on Sonic (Schwartz) and find the legendary Master Emerald.
* metal lords (with Jaeden Martell, Adrian Greensmith, Isis Hainsworth) – comedy; two best friends from high school (Martell and Greensmith) start a metal band.
* Ambulance (starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Eiza González) – action thriller, based on the 2005 Danish film of the same name; two adoptive brothers (Gyllenhaal and Abdul-Mateen) rob a bank and hijack an ambulance.
* All the old knives (with Chris Pine, Thandiwe Newton, Laurence Fishburne, Jonathan Pryce) – thriller, based on the novel by Olen Steinhauer; two spies (Pine and Newton) reunite over dinner to re-examine a past mission gone wrong.
64th Annual Grammy Awards
Record of the Year: ‘Leave the Door Open’ – Silk Sonic
Album of the Year: We Are – Jon Batiste
Song of the Year: ‘Leave the Door Open’ – Silk Sonic
New artist: Olivia Rodrigo
Pop Solo Performance: “Driver’s License” – Olivia Rodrigo
Pop Duo/Group Performance: “Kiss Me More” – Doja Cat featuring SZA
Traditional pop vocal album: Love for Sale – Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga
Pop Vocal Album: Sour – Olivia Rodrigo
Best Rock Performance: “Making a Fire” – Foo Fighters
Rock Song: “Waiting on a War” – Foo Fighters
Rock Album: Medicine at Midnight – Foo Fighters
Alternative Music Album: Daddy’s Home – St. Vincent
R&B Performance: ‘Leave the Door Open’ – Silk Sonic and ‘Pick Up Your Feelings’ – Jazmine Sullivan (tie)
R&B Song: Leave the Door Open – Silk Sonic
Global Music Achievement: ‘Mohabbat’ Arooj Aftab
Music Video: ‘Freedom’ – Jon Batiste
Musical Film: Summer of Soul – Various Artists
For the full list of winners, visit grammy.com/awards.
* Rainn Wilson (@rainnwilson): “Can’t wait for the Grammys!” – nobody
* Montero (@LilNasX): If I don’t leave with the Grammys tomorrow, I will officially submit my resignation letter to the Illuminati.
* Tegan and Sara (@teganandsara): We’ve never won a Grammy but I still feel like we hit the jackpot every day. We travel, make music and make a living doing it. We got more than our fair share. It’s hard work but good work. And there is no price that would make that any clearer to me.
* Judy MillerSilverman (@motormouthmedia): All media, @AroojAftab isn’t the first Pakistani woman to win a Grammy, she’s the first Pakistani to win. Period.