ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (KRQE) – World fame International folk art market does what everyone else does this year, going virtual. They will be offering events online during its annual Folk Art Week to match the annual festival dates in July. International Folk Art Market CEO Stuart Ashman discussed what people can expect this year.
The International Folk Art Market has been providing opportunities for folk artists since 2004 in the world’s largest market of its kind. “The international folk art market is an event that takes place every summer. We’ve been bringing 150 artists from 50 countries for 17 years to sell and demonstrate what they do with their craft and over the weekend they typically sell an average value of $ 3 million. of their belongings that they bring home to drill wells, build schools, feed their communities, etc. So it’s really a global effort here in Santa Fe, ”said Ashman.
The annual virtual gala of the International Folk Art Market will take place on Friday, July 10, 2020 and will include a special celebration of folk artists, their work and the tradition of the market itself. A series of videos will be followed by an online auction of folk art from around the world.
From July 5, IFAM will present online lectures, interviews and films on a wide range of topics related to folk art. The IFAM Virtual One World gala and auction will be held from Monday July 6 to Friday July 10, 2020.
Event calendar :
- sunday 5 july: The auction overview is online
- Monday July 6: 9:00 a.m. Main Artist Talk: Anita Reddy, India, Founder, Development of Weavers, and Rural Artisans in Kalamkari Art (DWARAKA PLUS). Learn more.
- Tuesday July 7: 9:30 am The future is made by hand Fundraiser Li Edelkoort, Philip Fimmano, and special guest, IFAM Creative Director, Keith Recker $ 25. Register here.
- Wednesday July 8: 9 a.m. Artist conference Porfirio Gutierrez, Mexico, innovation in folk art Free admission Learn more. and online auctions open
- Thursday July 9: Time to be confirmed Peter Speliopoulos, member of the board of directors of IFAM and fashion designer, & Paul Andrews, creative director at Salvatore Ferragamo, with Lauren Lancy, founder, Kind craftsmanship free. Online auctions are continuing.
- Friday July 10: 9 a.m. Artist talk: Rashmi Bhart, India, Avani Earthcraft, Learn more.
- Friday July 10: 7:00 p.m. Presentation of the IFAM Virtual One World gala and online auction until 9:30 p.m.
For more information on this year’s online events, or to register and donate to the market, visit the Website of the International Folk Art Market.